Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Duckies Sighted ... in the London Underground

Earlier this week, on my way to Heathrow, where I was to catch a plane to Australia to attend the Perth Writers Festival,  I noticed this ad in a London underground station. The legend lives on.


The multinational flotilla above was brought to you by the same British cell phone company that a couple years ago gave us duckies going cheerfully and fictitiously where explorers had gone disastrously before. (Forgive the product placement, which does not imply endorsement of O2's product, which for all I know is vastly inferior to their adverts, or vastly superior; I'm ignorant of and therefore agnostic on the quality of O2, is all I'm saying.)


There was also a television campaign that began with this:


And continued with this:


And there were other spots, but you get the gist.

No comments:

Post a Comment